Main Office:

Countryside Suites

1214 W. Northwest Hwy.

Suite H

Palatine, Illinois 60067


Contact Numbers:

Office: (847) 461-9373

Fax:    (847) 388-4832



Call now for a FREE consultation:  

  (847) 461-9373

                                                                      Jolanta A. Zinevich, L.L.C.
Attorney at Law ​​​

Most citizens of certain Countries can travel to the United States for tourism or business for stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a Visa. This can be done pursuant to the Visa Waiver Program.

In order to travel to the US without a visa on the VWP, a foreign citizen must have authorization through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). He or she can fill out the application at He or she must be approved prior to making his/her travel arrangements. ESTA is an automated system that determines eligibility pursuant to the program. It does not determine whether one is admissible to the United States as the U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers determine admissibility upon his/her arrival.

Purpose of Travel:

Business or Tourism

Does not include study, employment, work as foreign press, radio, film journalists, or other information media, or permanent residence in the US.

New requirement

As of April 1, 2016, a foreign citizen must have an e-passport to use the VWP.  An e-Passport is an enhanced secure passport with an embedded electronic chip.  The chip can be scanned to match the identity of the traveler to the passport. E-Passports are issued by the proper passport issuing authority and must be in compliance with standards set by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).